Purpose of the Position: To raise funds for The Refuge Center in support of its charitable mission. To connect donor interests with The Refuge Center programs and volunteer opportunities by educating and engaging contributors. To build relationships with diverse community stakeholders, contributors, and partners. To search for new ways to be more effective in bringing broad understanding of The Refuge Center to the community.
Strategy Related Tasks:
- Set fundraising objectives, goals, measures and strategies to grow The Refuge Center for Counseling’s ability to accomplish its charitable mission.
- Focus on growing donors and deepening long-term engagement: 1) identification, 2) cultivation, 3) solicitation, 4) stewardship with a focus on increasing donor giving and retention, planned giving, monthly giving and assisting in funding capital campaign projects.
- Develop and execute an overall annual giving plan in an effort to retain past donors and expand donor base.
- Oversee donor record keeping, receipting, and reporting in Network for Good
- Work with Coordinator of Communications and Events to produce direct mail appeals.
- Develop event sponsorship and grant contacts
- Oversee action items related to fundraising and development on strategic plan.
- Developing strategy for increased individual giving with prospect research tools, marketing materials, Network for Good, major gift calculators.
- Ensure the integrity of all donor information as well as the consistency, accuracy and timeliness of donor listings, mailings and email lists.
- Analyzing donor data in Network for Good and developing strategies for increasing retention, growing gift sizes, number of asks made, donations secured.
- Develop and lead a Speakers Bureau to tell the story in churches, schools, and organizations
- Develop relationships with collaborative agencies and work toward collaborative funding opportunities when appropriate.
- Make formal presentations to churches, foundations, etc. for donations when necessary
- Coordinate and facilitate Connections Lunches with individual, universities, churches and other agencies
- Represent the organization at conferences or other networking events as designated by the Executive Director.
- Identify and develop new volunteers for the fundraising initiatives.
- Secure and execute face-to-face meetings with donors and prospective donors
- Develop and lead a Speakers Bureau to tell the story in churches, schools, and organizations.
o Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices.
o Other duties as assigned.
o Educational experience: Bachelor’s Degree required
o 3+ years of development experience; non-profit experience strongly preferred
o Salary range: $55,000-$65,000
o Familiar with CRM nonprofit software and donor databases
o A collaborative person who is driven by the success of the team and the organization; an open, friendly individual who is perceived as credible, competent, trustworthy, and team-oriented, welcoming and appreciative of input from others.
o Ministry minded servant leadership
Contact Information and Procedure:
Email resume and cover letters to Amy Alexander, Executive Director